What I learned this week 2
Note: This is an older post from 2014.
What I learned this week
- CSS class names and IDs don’t effect SEO. So CSS does not need to be as semantic as HTML. Video – AZPixels: Play nice with CSS tools and Methodologies
- With HTML5, we can use multiple
<h1>tags on a page and be fine with SEO. One example is using
<h1>for the site title and another for a post title. In the past it was viewed to strictly only use one
console.table(myObject);can output a table in the Google Chrome console with the object properties and values.
- Doing a tweet with a . in front of a tweet will add it to your timeline and allow more people to see i instead of just having the person you replied to and their followers see it. Example
.@rdallaire Check out this link!
What I want to learn
- I want to start learning to do more things outside of internet technology.
- Learn more about computer hardware. I used to have a desktop tower that I built and would keep updated with hardware and ever since using a laptop, I have lost that connection with hardware.
- Optimizing websites as best as possible. Getting sites to load fast and not be heavy downloads on mobile devices. I currently do a bit of testing in this area, but there is a lot more that can be done.
- To do more user research. I currently do a little bit using Google Analytics event tracking but more would be great. Investigating what converts on websites and what doesn’t and coming up with best practices and ideas.
Let me know what you think on twitter @rdallaire